December 07, 2009

Dortmund, November 30

November 30:

I've spent some nice, quiet days indoors with Yvonne and her family, they really seemed to like my tales of past adventures. On Monday, the weather finally was nice again and we went to see some more of the Weihnachtsmarkt.

ten-market2

Those guys on the photo are called 'Räuchermännchen' - you put incense in them and the smoke comes out of their mouth. It looks as if they were smoking a pipe. They seem to be pretty common in Germany around Christmas, Yvonne told me that her grandparents had one when she still was a child.

ten-philipp_carousel

Later, Philipp took me on a carousel ride, it was fun - especially as I might have used my sonic screwdriver to make it go faster... Philipp didn't mind at all.

ten-gluhwein1

And of course we had to have a Glühwein, that's one of the things that are just part of a visit at a Weihnachtsmarkt. Never had it before, but it was good, almost as good as Banana Daiquiri.

Now I'll leave Germany again, my next stop is in the US, Ozark to be exact.

No comments: