December 04, 2009

Dortmund, November 25

November 25:

The last few days have been quiet, but today I went to the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) with Yvonne and her son Philipp.

ten_angel

Lots of angels around, but I think it is safe to blink around them - at least nothing happened when I looked away.

ten_bigtree

They have a really large christmas tree there, build from 1700 Norway sprouces and thousands of lights. Height is 45 m, diameter at the base 14 m and it weighs 140 tonnes. I've heard it takes them 4 weeks to build it.

ten_brownies

Unfortunately, it started to rain so we went to Starbucks for a hot chocolate and cake. This caramel brownie was really good, but I'm glad that I do a lot of running - with all the nice food I'm getting here I might gain some weight otherwise.

Later that night, Yvonne took me to knit night and I've met a bunch of nice ladies, all of them knitting along on something or other. Really interesting, especially the yarns - I never would have thought that someone made yarn from silk and stainless steel, but I've seen and analyzed it myself.

No comments: